Online video Ranking: 5 / 5
Movie Score: four / five
The match that Fiorentina played against Genoa will be 1 that Aquilani is not going to forget as he scored all the goals of his club rescuing 1 point for Fiorentina as the final scored displayed a 3-3 draw.
With the 2014 World Cup edging closer and closer and Italy’s midfield position being tightly battled with the likes of Andrea Pirlo, Riccardo Montolivo, Alessandro Diamanti, Claudio Marchisio and Antonio Candreva all in the running to be named into the squad of the head coach Cesare Prandelli.
The hat-trick arrived in a moment that will make Prandelli re-consider his options on the midfield area of his team.
The Fiorentina player did however sustain an injury that is scheduled to be leaving him out of the playing field for 2 weeks and he has already missed out of Fiorentina’s latest Serie A match which was against Atalanta. The Italian player picked up the injury during his club’s match against Cagliari.
A club statement read: “Alberto Aquilani picked up a Grade I hamstring strain during Saturday’s match against Cagliari. He has begun a recovery program and is expected to remain sidelined for approximately two weeks’’.
On July of 2013, Mario Gomez made his move to Fiorentina but following a series of injury problems, the former Bayern Munich player has made less than 5 appearances for the Italian club but despite having been featured on such a limited amount of times, Fiorentina has managed to maintain themselves at the top 5 spots of Serie A and according to Aquilani, he is confident that they can reach their targets.
“First of all we’d like to get back into the Champions League and to achieve that we’d need to finish in the top three. The second objective is to win the Coppa Italia. We’re in the semi-final and I think we can go all the way to the end of the competition. I am convinced we can achieve both our targets.” Aquilani told TopMercato.
Online video Ranking: 4 / 5
Video clip Rating: five / five
Silvio Berlusconi and Ac.Milan have been at the center of the media’s spotlight recently after reports claiming that the CEO Adriano Galliani would exit the Italian club but some days later it was confirmed that he stayed and now has a new business associate as Barbara Berlusconi will be working at a more internal level with Ac.Milan.
Not only that but also rumors emerging suggesting that Silvio Berlusconi would sell the club after so many bad results in the recent years. The 77 years old entrepreneur stepped up and said that he has no desire on selling the club and even said that the squad suffers when he is not leading them to the right path.
“When I am not dealing with AC Milan, they go wrong,” the club’s honorary president told the Corriere dello Sport. “Last year, after a disastrous start, I was more interested in Milan and we nabbed third place. I believe the team need extra care today, too.”
The Serie A is reaching its mid-way point of the season and Ac.Milan are struggling to find their stride having only collected 4 triumphs out of 15 matches played.
The January transfer window still has not opened up but Ac.Milan already has a number of signings and arrivals scheduled to be completed at the time it re-opens. Valencia’s Adil Rami and CSKA Moscow’s Keisuke Honda will join the Italian club hoping they can push the squad ahead and start a new year that see them fighting once more for the Scudetto.
Ac.Milan also wants to secure the services of Genoa’s Juraj Kucka with Niang being used as a bait. The French youngster has failed to score a single goal in Serie A and it is believed that the crew has lost faith in him which is why all fingers are pointing to him as the next player to be transferred out of the club.